Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's raining in Athens and 105 in Luxor

As this crazy journey approaches, I'm following the weather. My first 24 hours on the other side of the pond is a layover in Athens before I head to Cairo. Don't even get me started about the headache (and expense) this turned out to be, but suffice to say if you ever deliberately miss a flight, the rest of your itinerary is canceled (I am glad I learned this the semi-hard way, i.e. before getting stuck in Egypt with no flights home.) I believe the issues with it are now resolved. That said, it will be pouring farm animals in Athens and in the upper 90s to 110s everywhere else I go. So I have purchased a $5 giant yellow trash bag parka which I may or may not ditch after that first day. Stay tuned for photos of a huge yellow blob at the Parthenon in a downpour. Grinning like a total idiot.

1 comment: